Emeril Lagasse Kicks it Up a Notch with "Emeril Green"
Tens of millions of television viewers around the world live to hear celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse shout "Bam!" and "Kick it up a notch!" as he creates superb New Orleans dishes.
How Did Celebrity Chef Emeril Lagasse Build His Career?
As a Massachusetts teenager, Emeril Lagasse worked at a Portuguese bakery, and later graduated from Johnson & Wales University. Post-graduation, he cooked in France as well as in fine restaurants in New York, Boston, and Philadelphia. All that changed when famous New Orleans restaurateurs Dick and Ella Brennan hired Emeril as executive chef for their renowned New Orleans flagship restaurant, Commander's Palace. Emeril worked there for eight years, and then started his first restaurant in 1990.
What Makes Emeril Lagasse a Celebrity Chef?
Emeril Lagasse has cooking genius, consummate showmanship, and apparently limitless energy. In addition to opening 11 acclaimed restaurants since 1990, he's written a dozen cookbooks for adults and kids and created signature lines of seasonings, cookware, dinnerware, cutlery, meats, kitchen appliances, produce, wine, and footwear. His ever-popular Food Network shows--Essence of Emeril and Emeril Live!--have garnered countless Emmys and Cable Ace awards, and he's the food correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America.
Emeril Lagasse's award-winning restaurants include:
- Delmonico Steak House (Las Vegas): intimate dining at the Venetian
- Emeril's Atlanta: Creole and Cajun cuisine
- Emeril's Delmonico (New Orleans): classic Creole cuisine
- Emeril's Gulf Coast Fish House (Gulfport, Miss.): classic Lagasse seafood
- Emeril's Miami Beach: "New New Orleans" cuisine at South Beach
- Emeril's New Orleans: New Orleans signature dishes
- Emeril's New Orleans Fish House (Las Vegas): great seafood in the MGM Grand Hotel
- Emeril's Orlando: bold flavors at Universal Orlando
- Emeril's Tchoup Chop (Orlando): Asian and Polynesian cuisine at Universal Orlando
- NOLA (New Orleans): Creole and Cajun cooking
- Table 10 (Las Vegas): New American Eatery at the Palazzo
What Are This Celebrity Chef' Plans for the Future?
In February 2008, Emeril Lagasse joined Planet Green, a new eco-lifestyle TV network. His new show about organic, sustainably produced food, Emeril Green, is planned to launch in July 2008.