Culinary Schools in Rancho Cucamonga
Southern California is known for more than just In N' Out. From great Mexican food to fresh seafood, the region has many excellent food offerings. And while bigger cities like Los Angeles or Anaheim may get all the attention, Rancho Cucamonga should also be on the radar. Because this small city near Riverside offers some of the finest steaks, Mexican food and beyond.
But before heading to Rancho Cucamonga to become a chef, or to study at one of the great Rancho Cucamonga culinary schools, it's best to become familiar with the city's food offerings. Here's what Rancho Cucamonga has to offer, culinary-wise, and how the city's food and beverage industry is projected to grow between now and 2022.
Famous restaurants in Ranch Cucamonga, California
Rancho Cucamonga is not a large city on its own, though it's surrounded by many cities in Orange County and not terribly far from Los Angeles. So someone may look at that and expect all the best food is outside the city. Not necessarily true! Rancho Cucamonga has plenty of delicious food offerings, from specialty sandwiches to enchiladas. So much diversity!
Here are just a few spots in Rancho Cucamonga that are worth checking out:
- Luna Modern Mexican Kitchen: Ranked in the top 10 best restaurants in Rancho Cucamonga by Yelp, Luna Modern Mexican Kitchen offers everything from Mexican-style shrimp cocktails to chicken taquitos. There are also many tequilas to choose from and a renowned dessert menu of cakes, ice creams and more.
- The Stackz Co.: There's a reason The Stackz Co. is ranked in Yelp's top 10 best restaurants in Rancho Cucamonga: fantastic sandwiches. From sriracha cheese steak sandwiches to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, The Stackz Co. has many options. There's also live music sometimes!
- Lazy Dog: Lazy Dog is not about hot dogs: No, customers can let their dogs lounge out on the porch while downing anything from pumpkin cheesecakes to campfire pot roasts. There's even a menu for dogs! No wonder TripAdvisor ranks it in the top 10 best restaurants in the city.
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: Ribeye, New York, and beyond -- this steakhouse truly knows how to make steaks. With three course meal specials at reasonable prices and many delicious wines and sides to go with the meat, it's no wonder Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is considered by TripAdvisor to be the best restaurant in Rancho Cucamonga.
These are only four of the several fantastic restaurants in Rancho Cucamonga. Whether someone is a cook or just a foodie (or both), Rancho Cucamonga is a great destination. Come to the city ready to eat, cook, learn how to cook or any or all of the above and it shouldn't disappoint. Taste buds and an empty stomach -- recommended to bring!
Ranch Cucamonga culinary salary and career info
Before being able to enter the culinary field in Rancho Cucamonga, specific education is often required. Great Rancho Cucamonga cooking schools exist. The areas of study that one may found at these schools may include the following:
To get an idea of the employment situation in Rancho Cucamonga -- as it specifically pertains to culinary professions -- here's some data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Note that this is for Riverside-San Bernadino-Ontario, in which Rancho Cucamonga is near.
Total Employment near Rancho Cucamonga (2014)
|Mean hourly wage (2014)||Annual mean wage (2014)|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||2,280||
|Chefs and Head Cooks||1,560||
Beyond Rancho Cucamonga, in the whole state of California, many culinary professions are projected to grow quite a bit between 2012 and 2022, according to Projections Central. Here are some projections for culinary professionals in the state of California:
Base employment in California
|Projected employment from 2012-2022||% change in jobs from 2012-2022|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||27,100||
|Chefs and Head Cooks||15,300||
So whether someone studies at one of the fine Rancho Cucamonga cooking schools, goes elsewhere in California or merely moves to the area or state to become a cook of some kind, job prospects are looking promising. Of course, the future is always unclear and it may vary by individual, but the projections suggest it's at least wise to study or cook in Rancho Cucamonga. At the very least, eating in Rancho Cucamonga is bound to be a success.
Rancho Cucamonga doesn't get as much recognition as its Orange County and Los Angeles neighbors. But for eating, studying and working as a cook, it should. Start the process of getting your degree by browsing the schools in your area below.
- "Best Restaurants in Ranch Cucamonga, CA," TripAdvisor, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g32940-Rancho_Cucamonga_California.html
- "The Best 10 Restaurants in Rancho Cucamonga, CA," Yelp, http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=restaurants&find_loc=Rancho+Cucamonga%2C+CA
- Luna Modern Mexican Kitchen website, Luna Modern Mexican Kitchen, http://www.lunammk.com
- The Stackz Co. website, The Stackz Co., http://thestackzco.com
- Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar, Lazy Dog, http://www.lazydogrestaurants.com
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar website, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse, https://www.flemingssteakhouse.com
- May 2014 Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Area Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates, Occupational Employment Statistics, Riverside-San Bernadino-Ontario, California, 2014, http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_40140.htm
- "Long Term Occupational Projections," California, 2012-2022, https://www.projectionscentral.com/Projections/LongTerm