Culinary Schools in San Antonio
Students of culinary arts schools in San Antonio have much to look forward to. San Antonio has a reputation for Tex-Mex and tourist traps, but a new breed of talented up-and-coming chefs and locally-owned restaurants is leading to a shake-up downtown. Among the culinary attractions in the Alamo City are three major culinary festivals held every year:
- In April, Fiesta highlights the city's diverse background with German bratwurst, Peruvian anticuchos, and more fajitas, flautas, gorditas, and other Mexican foods lining the streets than you can handle.
- Named one of the top 10 food festivals in the U.S. by "Vanity Fair", Culinaria brings classy cuisine -- and plenty of great wine -- to San Antonio every May.
- Every August, the city goes wild with Restaurant Week, incredibly popular and started in 2010. Great deals and taster menus abound during this week of culinary delights. Think pub crawl with amazing food.
Attend Culinary School in San Antonio, and Get in on the Ground Level
Three food festivals, a growing craft and artisan restaurant market, and one of Zagat's top-25 city restaurants help make San Antonio the perfect place for the up-and-coming chef. Graduates of culinary schools in San Antonio are sure to have a leg up on the competition in this beginning-to-boom industry. Check out the San Antonio culinary schools below, and find out how you may be able to start a career in one of the hottest cities for foodies in the country.
Additional Information on San Antonio Culinary Arts
ZAGAT: America’s Top Restaurants in 25 Cities
CultureMap Austin and San Antonio’s culinary scene
City of San Antonio information on San Antonio restaurants
This list also contains online schools that accept students from San Antonio.
With an Art Institutes education, imagine what you could create.
- San Antonio
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- AAS in Business Administration - Hospitality Management
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you’re going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that’s focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination. A collaborative education at The Art Institute of Atlanta-Decatur, a branch of The Art Institute of Atlanta, is all about the work, the students who create it, and the instructors who guide them.
The first step is to explore these areas of study, and think about where you fit in an industry that runs on ideas.
- Hotel & Restaurant Management (BS)
- Culinary Management (BS)
Find Culinary Schools in Other Cities in Texas
Other San Antonio, Texas Culinary Schools
|School Name||Programs Offered|
|St Philips College||Baking & Pastry Arts|
|The Culinary Institute of America||Culinary Arts Associate Degree Program|