A Successful Experiment
After several failed attempts to make a gluten free cake I have finally come up with a successful conversion of my vanilla butter cake into a delicious gluten-free cake.And it tastes almost identically to the original!
Kellyn’s Gluten-Free Vanilla Butter Cake
Preheat oven to 315F
Yields about 2 8-inch cakes
**This formula had been altitude adjusted for cooking at 5,000 feet and needs to be adjusted if baked at sea-level
Butter 8 oz
Sugar 11.5 oz
Baking Powder 1 3/4 tsp.
Milk 7.5 oz
Salt 1/2 tsp
Vanilla 2 tsp
Eggs 4 whole
Brown Rice Flour 3 oz
Coconut Flour 3 oz
Potato Starch 3 oz
Tapioca Starch 1 oz
Almond Flour 1/2 oz
Xantham Gum 1/2 tsp
Guar Gum 1/4 tsp
-Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.Volume will almost double and color will be almost white
-Add one room temp. egg at a time, making sure to fully incorporate into the mixture
-Sift all dry ingredients together 2 times to ensure there are no lumps or granules
-Add half the milk and half dry ingredients, mix until evenly combined
-Add remaining ingredients.
This cake needs to cure in your refrigerator for at least 3 hours before cutting and frosting.For best results leave in the refrigerator, well covered, for 8-24 hours before cutting.
If you are making this cake for someone who has a gluten intolerance, make sure to completely bleach and sanitize every utensil, tool, and pan that you use to make this cake.Even washing a fork that has touched flour, than using it to make this cake could make someone with a gluten intolerance very sick.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available