And When Do I Fit In Sleeping?
If you have been checking in on the site and wondering why you haven’t seen any updates, I am here to explain.I have been going to school full time, which is about 40 hours a week, along with working just about full time at The Grand Lux Cafe.
I knew when I started working that it was going to be very difficult to get all of the rest of my daily chores done.Things like cleaning our kitchen, doing laundry, and finishing homework have been those things in life lately that just don’t get done.Although I know that I am strong enough to work full time and go to school full time I still sometimes wonder if I made the right decision.
It has been very difficult to peel myself out of my warm and comfortable bed at 6 AM when I only got home from work about 4 hours ago.I will walk into my dorm room after a long class day on my feet and try to decide whether to take a nap to be rested for work or to try and tackle the mountain to dirty clothes that are piling up in the corner.
Although my life is stressful, and packed everyday with things I need to do, I feel accomplished and proud of being an adult and taking charge of my life.
If you are thinking of going to any school that is as intensive at a culinary arts school, you will want to think twice about getting a full time job.If you are the type of person who needs time to do homework, chores, and…sleep, I would think twice about being so busy.I know plenty of people who just were not cut out for such a busy schedule and it usually ends with getting sick.So, know what your getting into!
As for people like me who need to work that much to pay off the extremely high price of going to a private college, just make sure you get rest every chance you can.And, be able to recognise when you need a day off!
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available