Chef2Chef is excited to be a part of the online education community, and this year, we wanted to recognize some of our other favorite education blogs. We’re nominating the following sites for the Edublog Awards.
Best Individual Blog: Diner’s Journal. This New York Times site provides up-to-date information on everything from the business of running a restaurant to new culinary trends. A must-read for culinary students.
Best Student Blog: GetDegrees.com. Looking for advice on how to get an extension or how to balance work and family? GetDegrees offers practical advice for students with a fun twist.
Best Resource Sharing Blog: Schools.com. Schools.com offers everything from timely news articles to a handy guide to majors for prospective students.
Best Educational Tech Support Blog: WorldWideLearn.com. WorldWideLearn.com provides great resources for online teachers to help them translate their lessons into the dynamic and growing medium of online education.
Best Educational Use of a Social Network: Schools.com (@schoolsEDU). @SchoolsEDU tackles timely topics from tuition raises to teacher development. Join the conversation!
Good luck to all! We look forward to the results.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Received the 2015 and 2013 “Cooking School of the Year” Award of Excellence from the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Externship opportunities are available at numerous famous New York City restaurants.
- Campus is located near downtown Manhattan, within walking distance of many popular attractions such as the Radio City Music Hall.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
- Ranked among the Best Colleges in the South in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Ranked the 13th Best College for Veterans in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- A private institution founded in 1977 with a current total undergraduate enrollment of over 15,00.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 12:1, and 89.3% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Has students attend one class at a time to ensure easy access to faculty and a more hands-on education.
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Students get real-world experience through the required externship at the end of the program.
- Curriculum includes laboratory sessions, academic preparation and hands-on experience.
- Program objectives are to provide students with skills needed for cooking wholesome, attractive, food preparations and to assist graduates in obtaining positions in the food service industry.
- Accredited by the American Culinary Federation (ACF).
- Has campuses in Melbourne, Sarasota, and Tallahassee, Florida
- Gives students the opportunity to earn their associate’s degree in the culinary arts field in less than 15 months or bachelor’s degree in the food service management field in 2.5 years through their year-round schedule.
- Located in Norfolk and Newport News, Virginia.
- Offers externship experiences to students for experience in the field.
- Hosts regular career fairs for employer recruitment.
- Has student housing available.
- Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).