Eye Candy, and Eye Bread, and Eye Cake...
Now that I am home from school I have plenty of time to go through pictures of the past year.Its great to keep a photo journal of how you have progressed over the year.Not only does it give you a portfolio to start but it also is a reference for you when making the same or similar products.
Here are some pictures of products that I have made this past year in my labs:
This was my first attempt at making baguettes.I didn’t think it was going to be as complicated as it really was.
This is Chef Lavallee teaching my classmates and I how to stipple the bread and prepare it for baking.
This was part of a final practical exam for Breads and Rolls class.Cheddar and Asiago Bread-sticks, Ciabatta, and Cornbread.
This is me working the fryer on doughnut day.
One very full speed rack of delicious focaccia fresh out of the oven.
An early effort of designing a plated dessert.It is a vanilla bean cheesecake with a almond sponge cake base and cinnamon-blueberry preserves.
A personal favorite of mine: Linzer Torte.
This is an antique mold of a rabbit that I bought and got to use for the first time in Chocolate and Sugar Showpieces Class.
Baumkuchen Torte; filled with a lemon and mandarin yogurt cream and vanilla sponge cake.
Crispy Coffee Torte: Vanilla genoise cake, coffee buttercream, almond japonaise, marzipan, and toasted almonds.
Leutitia Torte: Walnut genoise cake, coffee buttercream, dark chocolate ganache, and toasted chocolate dipped walnuts.
This is only a small selection of the hundereds of photos that I have taken from the past nine months of school.Maybe one day I can get each one printed off and make a book for myself.It would be a great reminder of what I accomplished in just one year.
Browse Baking and Pastry Arts Schools & Colleges
- Art of Cooking (D)
- Culinary Management (BS)
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Professional Culinary Arts
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
- Received the 2015 and 2013 “Cooking School of the Year” Award of Excellence from the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Externship opportunities are available at numerous famous New York City restaurants.
- Campus is located near downtown Manhattan, within walking distance of many popular attractions such as the Radio City Music Hall.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses