Its Ok, I'm Cheesy Too!
What can I say, I love a good cheese!My personal favorite is a sharp piave or a nice aged parmesan.Of all of the grocery stores and shops that I have been to for good cheese, I have one personal favorite.The Truffle Cheese Shop, here in downtown Denver.
The Truffle Cheese and Exotic Foods Shop sells exactly what its name states, a huge selection of great cheeses and an array of exotic hard-to-find foods.When you walk into their small shop on the corner of 6th Ave and Detroit, the smell of over a hundred different cheeses first greats you.The place is fairly small, with the cheese cooler taking up the majority of the space.There is one small round table in the middle of the room where various jams, jellies, and chocolates are displayed.Against the walls around the rest of the shop are wooden dressers and bookshelves holding the remainder of their gifts, from truffle oil, fresh bread, and even tee-shirts with The Truffle Cheese Shop logo.
Even with all of the great jams, oils, and other foods in the shop; cheese is what I come to get.Approaching the case you can already see the many different types of cheese from all over the globe for you to choose from.The owners travel to Europe at least once a year to purchase the exotic cheeses, than bring them back to Denver for us to try!
While you may know a few of the cheeses on display, there are definitely a few that I am guessing a new to you.But, that’s alright, because you can try every type of cheese they have!Just ask to try a specific kind, and the owner will give you a small shaving presented on tiny antique tasting plates that he has collected in his travels to Europe.No only can you try each cheese, but The Truffle Shop will help you pick out the prefect cheese for your next party or to just match your tastes.
So if you live in Denver, and have never been to the Truffle Cheese Shop, there is no question about it… you have to visit!And, for thoes of you who do not reside in Denver, do not fret!Just check out their website and order some of their foods!
Featured Culinary Schools
- Its first location, in Paris, officially opened its doors as a culinary school in 1895.
- Teaches students by having them spend significant time in the kitchen practicing precision techniques.
- Provide hands-on training from instructors who are certified, master chefs.
- Offer flexible schedules and online programs.
- Has 30 schools worldwide, spanning 5 continents, including 17 campuses in the U.S.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- Offers more than 150 self-paced, career-relevant programs that are connected to a supportive 24/7 online community of students and faculty.
- Profiled in many publications such as The Boston Globe, Fox Business, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Nearly 25,000 graduates each year.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses