Just Don't Feel Too Much
It’s nearing the end of the school year, with only 30 class days left until its time to graduate.With that thought in the back of the mind of most students, it seems that there are increasing amount of days where lethargy plagues my classroom.
When you spend 7 hours a day, everyday, with the same people you start to act like each other.The personalities in the classroom has a huge effect on how the atmosphere of the class will be.If many students work hard and have a good sense of urgency, then it carries over and the entire class works quickly and can easily move ahead in the curriculum.A classroom with a few pessimistic and negative personalities, then the feel of the class will be tense and uncomfortable.
While the majority of the students in my lab get along great and there is usually a very jovial feel about the room, lately it seems that there is at least one day a week where everyone seems to be in a funk and no one seems to get much accomplished.
When your that close with people, it just takes one person feeling down to effect the attitudes of the people around you.Today for example, most of the class seemed distracted and spent most of the day wandering the halls and peering into the windows of the other classrooms.Hopefully tomorrow we can all pull together, get the mood back up in the room, and actually get our work done!
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available