My Culinary Adventures in Napa
Today begins my culinary adventures in California. I will be showcasing various places I have dined. I hope to add pictures as well.It is not my intent to name names and to nit pick, but rather to use this as a learning tool and to see what other places are doing to stay on the cutting edge of the restaurant scene.
My adventure begins in Milwaukee, Wisconsin at a seafood restaurant. To be fair, I will tell you that I ate there on a Thursday night around 7:30 at night. I dined with 2 others.
The menu was mostly all seafood, everything from Perch to Lobster and everything in between.
I ordered a mixture of 4 different kinds of oysters on the half shell, My dining partners ordered Calamari and a Crabcake. Both came out hot and looked great.
For our entrees I ordered a seafood trio that included a miso/soy marinated scallop, a grilled piece of salmon and pan sauteed tilapia. There was also Asparagus and a rice blend on the plate. My only comment was about the rice. Many American Chefs do not cook rice well. I can’t tell you how many Asian cooks I have worked with that tell me the same thing.
My dining partners had Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta, and a ginger encrusted salmon filet. Both looked fantastic, and the small taste I shared, proved the same.
Our waitress did her job professionally and quietly. I hardly noticed her. My cappuccino lacked foam as the bar ran out of skim milk, but it had good flavor any way.
On a scale of one to ten….I would give this place a 4.5
I’ll continue with my blog all week. I leave for Napa, on Saturday and will be there a full week.
Stay tuned everybody
Featured Culinary Schools
- Its first location, in Paris, officially opened its doors as a culinary school in 1895.
- Teaches students by having them spend significant time in the kitchen practicing precision techniques.
- Provide hands-on training from instructors who are certified, master chefs.
- Offer flexible schedules and online programs.
- Has 30 schools worldwide, spanning 5 continents, including 17 campuses in the U.S.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Offers more than 150 self-paced, career-relevant programs that are connected to a supportive 24/7 online community of students and faculty.
- Profiled in many publications such as The Boston Globe, Fox Business, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Nearly 25,000 graduates each year.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses