My Favorite Christmas Present
This year for Christmas I was surprised to find that my mom got me a Lodge cast iron 7 quart dutch oven.For as long as I can remember my mom has made some great dinners for us in an ancient cast iron dutch oven that used to be my great-grandmothers.One of my favorite meals is my moms roast beef, or roast beast after the Grinch who stole Christmas.I have tried to make it on my own, but it just never tastes the same as when my mom makes it for me.
I know that partly, you just cannot achieve that same taste without a good cast iron pot.After getting my mom to agree to leave it to me in her will, I started looking around to get my own dutch oven.It was amazingly hard to find just what I was looking for.There are plenty of glazed and enameled pots, all of which are very expensive!But I could not find a large seasoned cast iron dutch oven.
I was ecstatic to see that my mom got me my own dutch oven!I couldn’t wait to bring it back to Denver with me and same some delicious meals.The only problem would be getting it back.The thing weights 12 pounds!And my luggage was already full and was already over the weight limit.
After some careful repacking and weighing my bag on a small bathroom scale, I was able to get my dutch oven into my bag.Now that I am back in Denver I cannot wait to get cooking!
Thanks mom I love you!
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits