My Top 5 Wines To Spice Up Any Summer BBQ
You know the summer barbecue drill. Hot dogs, hamburgers, and beer are definitely a favorite, but they can get a little boring after awhile. So how can you spice up your next backyard barbecue? With wine of course! There is nothing like spending some quality time with your friends and family sipping wine around a smoking hot grill!
Spicing up your barbecue is fun and easy!
When paired with the right food wine can bring out tremendous flavors on your palate. Each wine has a unique flavor that pairs well with many different kinds of dishes.To make your next barbecue a success try one of my wine and food pairings below.They have proven to be big hits with my friends and family and I know they will be with yours too!
My top 5 summer wines for your next barbecue:
- Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc- This crisp white wine has a fruity aroma and pairs wonderfully with sliced pears topped with blue cheese.
- Valley of the Moon Chardonnay- This light buttery white wine is great on a hot day! Pair it with a nutty Gouda or a Dubliner aged white cheddar. It also goes nicely with grilled garlic butter shrimp.
- Acacia Carneros Pinot Noir – This pinot is light in color but rich in flavor. This wine is so versatile that it can be served with grilled fish, chicken, or even lamb!
- Lake Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel- This peppery zinfandel has wonderful fruit notes and will enhance the flavor of your pork ribs and seasoned steaks!
- Trentadue Zinfandel Port- This dessert wine tastes positively sinful! It's rich sweet fruit flavor is perfect to pair with chocolate covered strawberries, cabernet brownies, or even a good cigar!
Adding wine to your party creates a unique atmosphere that will be sure to make your next backyard barbecue sizzle!It will spark new conversations with your guests and will have them buzzing over your food and wine pairings.Have fun with wine at your next barbecue!
*Always remember to drink responsibly.
Browse Beverage Service Management Schools & Colleges
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- Received the 2015 and 2013 “Cooking School of the Year” Award of Excellence from the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Externship opportunities are available at numerous famous New York City restaurants.
- Campus is located near downtown Manhattan, within walking distance of many popular attractions such as the Radio City Music Hall.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid