You know the summer barbecue drill. Hot dogs, hamburgers, and beer are definitely a favorite, but they can get a little boring after awhile. So how can you spice up your next backyard barbecue? With wine of course! There is nothing like spending some quality time with your friends and family sipping wine around a smoking hot grill!
Spicing up your barbecue is fun and easy!
When paired with the right food wine can bring out tremendous flavors on your palate. Each wine has a unique flavor that pairs well with many different kinds of dishes.To make your next barbecue a success try one of my wine and food pairings below.They have proven to be big hits with my friends and family and I know they will be with yours too!
My top 5 summer wines for your next barbecue:
- Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc- This crisp white wine has a fruity aroma and pairs wonderfully with sliced pears topped with blue cheese.
- Valley of the Moon Chardonnay- This light buttery white wine is great on a hot day! Pair it with a nutty Gouda or a Dubliner aged white cheddar. It also goes nicely with grilled garlic butter shrimp.
- Acacia Carneros Pinot Noir – This pinot is light in color but rich in flavor. This wine is so versatile that it can be served with grilled fish, chicken, or even lamb!
- Lake Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel- This peppery zinfandel has wonderful fruit notes and will enhance the flavor of your pork ribs and seasoned steaks!
- Trentadue Zinfandel Port- This dessert wine tastes positively sinful! It's rich sweet fruit flavor is perfect to pair with chocolate covered strawberries, cabernet brownies, or even a good cigar!
Adding wine to your party creates a unique atmosphere that will be sure to make your next backyard barbecue sizzle!It will spark new conversations with your guests and will have them buzzing over your food and wine pairings.Have fun with wine at your next barbecue!
*Always remember to drink responsibly.