Need For Speed
In any kitchen, there exists a sense of urgency; it’s imperative that you are able move quickly.In school, some of my friends call me “Speedy Gonzales” because I move so fast when I am in the kitchen.In classes, too, I was always be the first one to finish, and I would end up doing extra projects or running errands for my Chefs.
Even if I am just making myself a quick lunch, I have a need for speed.You would think that someone on medical leave like yours truly would not need to work so quickly–especially if baking in PJ’s!(Come on–you know you do it, too!)However, a strong sense of urgency in the kitchen is just ingrained into my brain.
That’s why it always bothers me when people move slowly in the kitchen. It bothers me even more if they slow me down, too.In labs, I used to have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when the people in my group held me back time-wise. I just have to try to remember that we are all learning, and some people just haven’t learned to work with that sense of urgency.
Do you have any interesting and funny speed-related kitchen stories?Hurry, type it now!
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits