Patriotic Potato Chips
Each year my mothers’ gardern is filled with an array of amazing flora and fauna.My personal favorite part of her organic masterpiece, that is our backyard, is by far the herm garden.I love being able to just walk out the back door and pick the freshest organic herbs.I love basil the most and seeing as there is usually 3 or 4 kinds growing, I am never short of this tasty leaf.
This year my mom decided to try something new; growing potatos.She planted several different types in large pots, and has been carfully tending to them this entire summer.This past week when the first batch were ready for havesting, I got up one morning to see that a large bowl was filled with tiny mud-caked potatos.
There is a potato under there
My sister spent the better part of an hour leaning over the sink, hand srubbing a mound on tiny red, white, and even blue potatos.Each potato was no bigger than a golf ball and it took her the better part of an hour to scub each potato until they were clean.
My sister then sliced up all of the potatoes and began to soak the slices.Seeing as they were too small to really make fries, we decided to make thick chips.Once they were out of the fryer and were seasoned with rosemary salt we had some fresh, hot, patriotic potato chips.
They were amazing!These were the best potato chips I have ever had.Yes, I know that by far chips are not the best thing for you but they do make an new and delicious side dish.You can even personalize the flavors by adding vinegar or taco seasoning for an interesting kick.Try making a batch sometime, it is well worth the wait!
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits