Seder or Easter Dishes in C-School?
Just as I thought my waistline had recovered from the Christmas/Hanukkah/Christian new year/Jewish new year feasting, it's time again to celebrate with Passover and Easter next week. Being a Judeo-Christian is great for one's cultural heritage, bad for one's love handles.
Chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies aside, the Passover Seder meal is the highlight of the Spring holiday season. I'm not slamming Easter Sunday, I love a good brunch as much as the next person. I just have a soft spot for any meal that involves many hours, many glasses of wine and bad singing (or at least in my family, "Deyenu" tends to be boisterous and off key). Finding little plastic Easter eggs with candy inside may be more exciting than the Passover afikoman (matzoh in a napkin, wheee!). Still, I'm going with my Jews culinarily on this holiday.
I'm going to delve into the Seder meal more next week, but before I do, I was curious if any culinary schools are teaching holiday-specific dishes (either one, Passover or Easter). Any special lamb dishes being taught? Anyone learning to make a mean matzoh ball soup? If you are, speak up! I'd love to hear about it (as well as steal a recipe…)
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits