Taking the rig out to an Oil Rig gig!
Many of you have read about the new Barbeque rig we put together.I
finally got a chance to take it way out in the field and see if it would perform
as expected.Cooking around town is easy, if something goes wrong you can
get it fixed up in a hurry.Being 80 miles out in the high country with
150 rig hands to feed along with their bosses is a little different.If
you blow it they don’t eat.You don’t want to experience that, believe me!
So I pull up on to the platform area and get started making things for lunch.
Typical set up in the middle of no where!We are setting up fast as we
have three hours to feed time!
Seasoning for me is Matthew, he sells on the rigs and asked me to come help
him with his sales effort.I told him sure as long as you help prep.
Nice feed of barbeque chicks, beans, tater salad, and peach cobbler.
The mud was a little bad since it kept raining.
It was fun, everyone liked the food.Matthew closed the deal and we had
Chef Bob Ballantyne
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering
Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
- Gives students the opportunity to earn their associate’s degree in the culinary arts field in less than 15 months or bachelor’s degree in the food service management field in 2.5 years through their year-round schedule.
- Located in Norfolk and Newport News, Virginia.
- Offers externship experiences to students for experience in the field.
- Hosts regular career fairs for employer recruitment.
- Has student housing available.
- Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment.
- Received the 2015 and 2013 “Cooking School of the Year” Award of Excellence from the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Externship opportunities are available at numerous famous New York City restaurants.
- Campus is located near downtown Manhattan, within walking distance of many popular attractions such as the Radio City Music Hall.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Students get real-world experience through the required externship at the end of the program.
- Curriculum includes laboratory sessions, academic preparation and hands-on experience.
- Program objectives are to provide students with skills needed for cooking wholesome, attractive, food preparations and to assist graduates in obtaining positions in the food service industry.
- Accredited by the American Culinary Federation (ACF).
- Has campuses in Melbourne, Sarasota, and Tallahassee, Florida
- Ranked among the Best Colleges in the South in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Ranked the 13th Best College for Veterans in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- A private institution founded in 1977 with a current total undergraduate enrollment of over 15,00.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 12:1, and 89.3% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Has students attend one class at a time to ensure easy access to faculty and a more hands-on education.