Testing Richtee's Rub... Making Kabobs
Richtee, Arrrtea on some boards, sent along a sample of his rub for a testing
by me.I decided to test it out on something that would allow maximum
contact surface area.Still wanted to be able to marinate, smoke, and
finish with a grilling.The choice was KABOBs!
The rub gives off a real interesting chile and cayenne pepper aroma.I
let the rub marinate the meat for 3 hours.Then I begin the assembly of
the kabobs.For me the kabob is about decent vegetables and overall color
in the presentation of the kabob.
After cutting and trimming the veggies I begin the assembly of the kabobs
onto the skewers and place them in my rack.
Then I take the rack to the grill smoker unit.I just use a Charbroil
offset for quick home cooking.I am using a hickory, apple wood mix for my
heat and smoke.I like the offset because it allows me to smoke and grill
on the same unit.
Now to remove them to the serving platter and enjoy!
I really enjoyed testing Richtee’s rub and think it is a well balanced rub
with just enough cayenne pepper to kick it up so you know this is not just an
off the self rub.Personally believe it could use more Thyme, but that is
primarily because I chose to test it out on beef.Had I used it on poultry
it would have been excellent with no additions.So thanks for the rub
Richtee, I appreciate the chance to test it out and think you have a real winner
in this mix of yours!
Chef Bob Ballantyne
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering
Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available