The home stretch, almost
I just signed up for my very last semester of school. I’m so excited to be graduating in the spring and literally have to pinch myself every now and then that graduation day is just a few months away. I was trying to skip my 2nd baking class, but ran out of time to submit the paperwork and portfolio, so I’ll be shuffling through pie baking and pretzel making for 3 months. I’m hoping I can talk Chef into giving me something more challenging, and I’m also hoping he’s keen on food science; I have a million questions for him.
After graduation, I may stay on to take some nutrition classes, French or Italian, and I’m still trying to figure out a way to create a custom study program through UCF so that I can get my masters degree in gastronomy without having to move to NY or Boston. I can also finally teach foundation level cooking classes after I graduate, which I’ve been dying to do. I love teaching and I’m excited to share what I’ve learned.
It will be a challenging semester with three classes, plus working the entire time, but knowing the light at the end of the tunnel is so close will keep me going, that, and a pinch every now and then.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits