Arugula Salad with Grilled Peaches, Crisp Pancetta, Goat Cheese, and Pine Nuts Recipe
This salad has a lot of contrasting and complementary flavors and each bite is a little bit different from the others.
- 4 oz. thin pancetta slices
- 2 large peaches, cut in half, pits removed (if using cling peaches, cut in half around the pits)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 cups small arugula leaves, cleaned and dried. Tear into smaller pieces if leaves are large.
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 very ripe peach, diced
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300o F and preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place pancetta on a baking pan and bake in oven until crisp.
- Remove pancetta from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Toss the peaches in the olive oil to coat and place them on the hot grill, flesh side down.
- Let cook for a few minutes undisturbed, until there are good grill marks, and then gently turn over.
- Cook the other side of the peaches for another few minutes until the grill marks are prominent.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and set aside.
- For the vinaigrette, place everything except the olive oil in the cup of a blender.
- Turn the blender on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is incorporated.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place the arugula and pine nuts in a large salad bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat evenly.
- Divide the arugula among the plates and top with the goat cheese, pancetta and grilled peaches.
- Top the salads with a touch of fresh ground black pepper.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits