Arugula Salad with Grilled Peaches, Crisp Pancetta, Goat Cheese, and Pine Nuts Recipe
This salad has a lot of contrasting and complementary flavors and each bite is a little bit different from the others.
- 4 oz. thin pancetta slices
- 2 large peaches, cut in half, pits removed (if using cling peaches, cut in half around the pits)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 cups small arugula leaves, cleaned and dried. Tear into smaller pieces if leaves are large.
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 very ripe peach, diced
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300o F and preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place pancetta on a baking pan and bake in oven until crisp.
- Remove pancetta from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Toss the peaches in the olive oil to coat and place them on the hot grill, flesh side down.
- Let cook for a few minutes undisturbed, until there are good grill marks, and then gently turn over.
- Cook the other side of the peaches for another few minutes until the grill marks are prominent.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and set aside.
- For the vinaigrette, place everything except the olive oil in the cup of a blender.
- Turn the blender on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is incorporated.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place the arugula and pine nuts in a large salad bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat evenly.
- Divide the arugula among the plates and top with the goat cheese, pancetta and grilled peaches.
- Top the salads with a touch of fresh ground black pepper.