Basil Pesto Recipe
This is a flavorful, classic herb sauce from Italy that is wonderful with pasta and as a spread for sandwiches.
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Place half of the oil, the garlic, and half of the basil in a blender cup and pulse a few times until ingredients are combined.
- Add the pine nuts, cheese, and salt and pepper and then let the blender run as you alternately add the remaining basil and olive oil.
- Stop blender as soon as everything has come together and before it becomes completely smooth. It should have some texture.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.