Summer Tomato Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Basil Recipe
This is a light and delicious summer appetizer. It is fun to improvise on this dish using different herbs, cheeses, and vinegars.
- 1 baguette, cut at an angle into 1/2" thick slices
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, preferably in mixed colors
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. good quality balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 10 large, fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Toast the bread in an oven or over a grill until golden brown.
- Rub with the toasted bread lightly with the garlic clove.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, shallots, vinegar, remaining olive oil, chili flakes, salt and pepper and taste for seasoning.
- Mound tomato mixture onto toasted bread and top with crumbled goat cheese and torn basil leaves.
- Allow bruschetta to sit for a few minutes before serving so that the bread soaks up some of the juices from the tomatoes.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits