Grilled Chicken Satay with Light Coconut Peanut Sauce Recipe
Serve this sweet and spicy dish with a German Riesling.
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. chopped scallions
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
For the Chicken:
- 16 metal skewers (or wooden skewers soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes)
- 16 pieces of chicken tenders or 2 large boneless, skinless breasts cut into 16 - 1/2"x 3" strips
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the grill to high.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a blender and puree until well blended. Add a bit more water if it is too thick.
- Toss the chicken with the lime juice, oil, salt and pepper, and thread each piece of chicken onto a skewer.
- Reduce the heat on the grill to medium and place the skewers on the grill.
- Cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve the skewers with the peanut sauce.