Endive Spears with Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
These self contained hors d'oeuvres offer an eye catching presentation as well as an exciting combination of flavors.
- 3 large heads of endive
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain, whole milk yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 small celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried currants, rehydrated in warm water and then drained
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- Remove long, whole spears from the heads of endive, trimming away the bottom of the head to release more as needed. You need at least 24 nice looking spears.
- Toss the endive leaves in first Tbsp. of lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, ginger, garlic, remaining Tbsp. lemon juice, honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken, scallion, celery, cilantro, walnuts, and currants and stir gently to combine.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place a bite sized portion of chicken salad in the bottom 1/4 of each endive spear and garnish with a grape half.
- Arrange in a circular pattern on a platter and serve.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits