Dijon-Garlic Crusted Filet of Beef Recipe
This simple blend of mustard, garlic, and herbs is a wonderful complement to the richness of the beef.
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 6-8 oz. pieces of beef filet
- 1 cup finely ground breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place the first 11 ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend well.
- Smother the beef with the Dijon mixture and place in a well covered container.
- Allow beef to sit in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Remove beef from the marinade and wipe off excess.
- Roll the beef in the breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a medium sized sauté pan and once hot add all of the beef.
- Allow beef to cook, without moving it, until a crust forms on the underside.
- Turn the filets over and place the pan in the oven.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, checking periodically to make sure that breadcrumbs are not burning.
- Remove from oven and let meat rest for about 10 minutes before serving.