Super Fast and Easy Strawberry Preserves Recipe
Servings: 1 quart
Once these strawberries are washed and sliced, they are quickly transformed into delicious preserves that are perfect on toast, yogurt, and even ice cream.
- 4 pints fresh, ripe strawberries, stems removed, washed and halved
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Place the strawberries, sugar, and water in a large, heavy bottomed pot over high heat.
- Let the mixture cook, stirring frequently, until a lot of liquid has been released, the strawberries begin to soften, and the liquid starts to bubble (about 10-15 minutes).
- Strain the strawberries, place them in a bowl, and put the liquid back into the pot.
- Continue to cook the liquid, without the berries, until it has reduced to a thick syrup.
- Add the strawberries back to the pot, cook for a few minutes more, and then remove from heat and pour into a clean bowl.
- Allow mixture to cool completely as it sets up and cools.