Fig, Gorgonzola and Balsamic Crostini Recipe
These hors d'oeuvres offer a wonderful blend of flavors with the sharp cheese and the sweet figs. They are perfect for a party or banquet.
- 1 thin baguette, sliced into 12- 1/4" thick rounds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup soft Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 6 large fresh ripe figs, cut in half
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. good quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place the baguette slices on a tray and drizzle the olive oil over the top.
- Place tray in oven and heat until the slices just start to brown on the edges, but are still somewhat soft in the center (about 3 minutes).
- Remove tray from oven.
- Combine the gorgonzola and cream cheese and blend well.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the figs and the walnuts in the balsamic vinegar mixture and toss to coat well.
- Spread the gorgonzola mixture onto the toasted baguette pieces and top each with 1 fig half.
- Drizzle the extra marinade over the top of the figs and garnish with the chopped chives.