Sauce A La Creme D'ail - Garlic Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1 stephen ceideburg
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1c skim milk
- 1tb strong stock
- 1ts parsley, chopped
- 1pn nutmeg
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- There are countless versions of garlic sauce around the world. The French ones mostly involve emulsions of eggs and oil with raw garlic, such as aioli, a garlic mayonnaise, and rouille, which includes roasted red capsicum. South-East Asian garlic sauces are more waistline-friendly, usually variations on a combination of raw garlic, vinegar and sugar. But there is one enjoyable French sauce which is low in kilojoules and won't leave you reeking either. It's from the era of cuisine minceur (remem- ber that?).
- Cover 12 peeled cloves of garlic with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain and discard the water. Return the garlic cloves to the saucepan and add 100 g sliced mushrooms, a cup of skim or fat modified milk, a tablespoon of very strong stock, 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, a pinch of nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer gently for 20 minutes then puree the mixture in a blender or food processor. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Good with grilled or roasted poultry.
From an article by Meryl Constance in The Sydney Morning Herald, 7/20/93. Courtesy Mark Herron.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits