Garlic Soup with Toasted Almonds and Smoked Paprika Recipe
This unusual soup is easy to make and has a wonderful flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 large garlic cloves, quartered
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 thick slices (1/2") white country style bread crust removed, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Smoked paprika
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until light golden on the outside.
- Add wine and reduce down to about 3 Tbsp.
- Add stock and water and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Add bread cubes and salt and pepper and let sit for about 10 minutes so that bread soaks up liquid.
- Puree soup in blender and then return to saucepan.
- Add vinegar and adjust seasoning as needed.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with toasted almonds and a small sprinkling of smoked paprika.
Featured Culinary Schools
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America , Online (campus option available)
- Its first location, in Paris, officially opened its doors as a culinary school in 1895.
- Teaches students by having them spend significant time in the kitchen practicing precision techniques.
- Provide hands-on training from instructors who are certified, master chefs.
- Offer flexible schedules and online programs.
- Has 30 schools worldwide, spanning 5 continents, including 17 campuses in the U.S.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
1 Program(s) Found
Penn Foster Schools , Online
- Offers more than 150 self-paced, career-relevant programs that are connected to a supportive 24/7 online community of students and faculty.
- Profiled in many publications such as The Boston Globe, Fox Business, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Nearly 25,000 graduates each year.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses