Roasted Garlic White Wine Sauce Recipe
This sauce is intense in flavor and smooth and luscious in your mouth. The sharpness of the garlic and lemon are a perfect combination for grilled fish or chicken.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (plus 1 small wedge reserved)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 6 Tbs. butter, room temperature
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs. roughly chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oil in sauce pan and add onion.
- Sweat onion until soft, but not browned.
- Add roasted garlic and white wine to pot and cook until almost all of the wine has reduced.
- Add the lemon juice to the pot and cook until it has all reduced.
- Add the chicken stock and 3 sprigs of the fresh thyme and reduce over medium heat until there is about a cup of liquid left.
- Place the contents of the pot in a blender and puree.
- With the blender running add the butter, 1 Tbs. at a time until it is all incorporated. (If the sauce becomes too thick to take all of the butter thin it with a little bit of warm water and continue adding the butter.)
- Strain the sauce through a sieve and finish it with salt and pepper to taste, parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice from the reserved wedge.
- Keep this sauce warm in a water bath or hold in a thermos so that it does not get too cold and the butter separates.