Grapefruit Tarragon Beurre Blanc Recipe
This sauce is rich, but not too heavy. It is a wonderful accompaniment to a light flaky fish such as halibut.
- 2 Tbs. minced shallots
- 3 whole, black peppercorns
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into small pieces.
- 1 Tbs chopped tarragon
- salt and pepper
- Place shallots, peppercorns, vinegar, wine and 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice in a small saucepot and cook until reduced to about 2 Tbs.
- Add the cream and heat until just starting to bubble and then turn the heat as low as possible.
- Whisk in the butter one piece at a time. Do not add the next piece until the previous piece is fully incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the remaining tablespoon of grapefruit juice and the chopped tarragon. Serve immediately.