Grilled Lamb Chops with Herbs and Citrus Recipe
This recipe is quick and easy and uses thick, double cut lamb chops that remain moist and plump as they are grilled. The hint of citrus cuts through the richness of the lamb and brightens the flavor of the meat.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon, chopped
- Zest from 1 orange, chopped
- 8 double cut lamb chops
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 orange, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves, chopped
- Whisk together oil, garlic, herbs, and zest in a shallow, large baking dish. Add the chops and turn to coat them. Cover and allow the chops to marinate for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chops from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and place the chops on it.
- Grill chops for 4 to 8 minutes per side depending on the desired internal temperature. If they are cooking too quickly on the outside adjust the temperature of the grill accordingly.
- Remove the chops from the grill and squeeze the lemon and orange juice on top of them.
- Sprinkle a little bit of coarse salt and pepper and the chopped parsley and thyme on top.