Hawaiian Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Servings: 16 large or 24 small brownies
The addition of coconut and macadamias makes these rich brownies even more decadent and delicious.
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, more for pan and parchment paper
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Butter a 9x13 baking pan and line with buttered parchment paper.
- Place butter and chocolate in a bowl and place bowl over a pot of barely simmering water.
- Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, salt, sugars, and vanilla.
- Whisk in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Fold in flour just until combined.
- Stir in coconut and macadamias and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until shiny and beginning to crack on top.
- Cool completely in pan on rack before cutting.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Modesto
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits