Herb Infused Olive Oil Recipe
Servings: 2 cups
Use this flavorful blend to enhance vinaigrettes and pastas.
- 2 cups pure olive oil
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 2 oregano sprigs
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 long pieces of lemon zest cut on a vegetable peeler, pith removed
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Place all ingredients except oil into a jar or the receptacle where you will store the oil.
- Place oil in a small pan and heat slowly over low heat, until hot, but not smoking.
- Let cool until you can comfortably place a finger in it, but no more.
- Pour oil into a jar and leave it uncovered until completely cool.
- When cool, place lid on jar and store in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator.