Sautéed Kale with Bacon, Garlic, and Cannellini Beans Recipe
This dish is fast and easy to prepare and is packed with flavor.
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (add more for more spice)
- 1 large bunch kale (about 1 pound), thick stems removed, leaves torn into large pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Place bacon in large, heavy bottomed saute pan and cook over medium-low heat until brown and crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels. Leave bacon fat in pan.
- Place pan with bacon fat over medium heat and add garlic and chili flakes and stir until garlic is just starting to lightly brown.
- Add kale by large handfuls and stir just until it just begins to wilt and then add more. Continue until all of the kale has been added to the pan.
- Add chicken stock, cover pan, and simmer on low heat until greens are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans to the pan and simmer, uncovered, until beans are heated through and liquid is almost gone.
- Stir in vinegar to taste and add cooked bacon to the greens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add more vinegar if desired.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits