Balsamic Marinated Roasted Peppers Recipe
This dish is a colorful blend of sweet and savory flavors with a little bit of a kick and is wonderful as an appetizer with crusty bread, roasted meats, or on sandwiches.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 anaheim chili pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Roast the peppers over a gas flame or in a very hot oven until the skin is charred all over.
- Let peppers cool slightly and then place them in a plastic bag and seal with a tight knot.
- Let peppers steam in bag for about 20 minutes
- In the meantime, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, open bag and remove skin, stems, and seeds from peppers.
- Slice peppers into 1/2" thick slices and toss with the remaining ingredients.
- Let peppers marinate for at least 2 hours before eating.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.