Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
Servings: 1 quart
You can really taste the difference that fresh mint makes in this classic ice cream.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spearmint leaves, loosely packed
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz. bitter or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- Place milk, cream and mint in a medium sized pot and heat until just before it starts to come to a boil.
- Remove pot from heat and allow mint to steep for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl.
- Re-heat the milk mixture until simmering, but do not allow it to boil, and then remove from heat again.
- Ladle about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly, then slowly stir the egg mixture back into the pot with the hot milk, whisking constantly.
- Place over low heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes (do not let mixture get too hot or eggs will curdle).
- Strain through fine-meshed sieve into large bowl.
- Place bowl into an ice bath to cool down quickly.
- When mixture is completely cold, pour into the bowl of an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions, adding the chopped chocolate during last few minutes of churning.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
4 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits