Mixed Herb Compound Butter Recipe
Place this herb butter over freshly grilled steaks or hot steamed vegetables. You can slice the butter ahead of time and store it in the freezer, pulling out individual pieces as needed.
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sage leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- Place butter in the bowl of a stand up mixer with paddle and mix on low speed until very soft and smooth.
- Add salt and herbs and mix well to blend
- Remove butter from bowl and spoon onto parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Roll into a tight log and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Slice into 1 Tbsp. sized portions and refrigerate or freeze.