Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe
This sauce has many uses and is great on pasta, served with chicken, or even as a filling for omelets.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1.5# assorted wild mushrooms wiped clean and sliced thinly
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 small stem (about 2") fresh rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan until almost smoking.
- Add mushrooms in a single layer to the pan and saute until they start to brown (if pan is too small to hold all of the mushrooms in a single layer at once then saute them in batches and add them all back to the pan once they are all cooked.)
- When the mushrooms begin to brown, add the shallots and garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the chicken stock, the cream, and the rosemary to the pan and simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has begun to reduce.
- Remove about 1 cup of the mushrooms and the liquid and place in a blender.
- Place the lid on the blender and hold it on tightly as you pulse the blender on and off a few times before letting it run. Puree the mushroom mixture in the blender until smooth, adding more liquid from the pan if necessary.
- Add the pureed mushroom mixture back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and the parsley and let simmer together for another few minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve.
Featured Culinary Schools
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America , Online (campus option available)
- Its first location, in Paris, officially opened its doors as a culinary school in 1895.
- Teaches students by having them spend significant time in the kitchen practicing precision techniques.
- Provide hands-on training from instructors who are certified, master chefs.
- Offer flexible schedules and online programs.
- Has 30 schools worldwide, spanning 5 continents, including 17 campuses in the U.S.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
1 Program(s) Found
Penn Foster Schools , Online
- Offers more than 150 self-paced, career-relevant programs that are connected to a supportive 24/7 online community of students and faculty.
- Profiled in many publications such as The Boston Globe, Fox Business, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Nearly 25,000 graduates each year.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses