Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
These cookies are chewy and delicious and the oatmeal offers a different texture than basic chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl to blend.
- Place butter and both sugars in large bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Add in chocolate chips, walnuts, and raisins.
- Arrange 2 racks in center of oven.
- Drop cookies in large spoonfuls on prepared sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Flatten slightly with hand.
- Bake 10 minutes, then rotate trays front to back and top to bottom.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown around edges and firm in center, 3-4 minutes longer.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.