Old Fashioned Meatloaf Recipe
In this updated version, a classic is enhanced by the creamy sharpness of gorgonzola cheese.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. creamy Gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked to al dente
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Combine the first 10 ingredients with 1/4 cup of the ketchup and salt and pepper.
- Form a small patty and cook it in a pan to taste for proper seasoning and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Shape mixture into a loaf on a foil lined sheet pan.
- Spread the remaining ketchup evenly over the top.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the meatloaf is cooked through.