Olive Crusted Lamb Chops Recipe
This dish pairs well with robust red wines such as a Syrahs and Riojas.
- 1/4 cup brine-cured black olives such as Kalamatas or Gaetas, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup finely ground bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 lamb chops
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Combine olives, bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, and chili flakes, 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a bowl with black pepper to taste and mix well to combine.
- Place 2 large sauté pans on the stove over high heat and add 1 Tbsp. oil to each pan.
- When the oil is hot, season the lamb chops with salt and pepper and add them to the pans, doing so in batches if necessary, and cook quickly until they are just browned on each side.
- Remove the chops and let them cool on a sheet tray lined with a rack.
- When the lamb has cooled, press the olive mixture evenly onto one side of each chop packing well so that the crumbs adhere to the meat.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil onto a clean sheet pan and place the chops, crumb side up, on it.
- Roast the chops in the oven, without turning them over, until the crumbs have browned and the chops are cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Remove the chops from the oven and serve.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
4 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available