Orecchiette with Sausage, Broccoli Rabe, and Parmesan Cheese Recipe
This is a simple dish that is quite easy and fast to prepare. The bitterness of the broccoli rabe contrasts nicely with the spice from the sausage and the sweetness of the sun dried tomatoes.</>
- 1 lb dried orecchiette pasta
- 3-4 links spicy Italian sausage, removed from casings and crumbled into large pieces
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, remove tough stems and tear into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh ground parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, place sausage into a large, heated pan and saute over medium-high heat so that sausage browns on the outside.
- Remove sausage from pan and place on paper towel lined plate, reserving about 2 Tbsp. of drippings in pan.
- Place broccoli rabe in pan with sausage drippings and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown.
- Add garlic and saute quickly while stirring.
- Before the garlic starts to brown, add chicken stock and simmer until broccoli rabe is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and combine with broccoli rabe, sausage, sun dried tomatoes, and half of Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Featured Culinary Schools
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America , Online (campus option available)
- Its first location, in Paris, officially opened its doors as a culinary school in 1895.
- Teaches students by having them spend significant time in the kitchen practicing precision techniques.
- Provide hands-on training from instructors who are certified, master chefs.
- Offer flexible schedules and online programs.
- Has 30 schools worldwide, spanning 5 continents, including 17 campuses in the U.S.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
1 Program(s) Found
Penn Foster Schools , Online
- Offers more than 150 self-paced, career-relevant programs that are connected to a supportive 24/7 online community of students and faculty.
- Profiled in many publications such as The Boston Globe, Fox Business, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Nearly 25,000 graduates each year.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses