Pappardelle with Bolognese Sauce Recipe
Thus luscious meat sauce is delicious with the silky, wide noodles. Serve with lots of crusty bread to sop up the sauce. If you have extra sauce from this recipe, it freezes beautifully for another use.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 pound veal shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 pound stew beef, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 pound pork shoulder, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken or beef stock
- Salt & pepper
- 1 pound pappardelle noodles
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Place onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in food processor and pulse until chopped into small pieces.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot and add olive oil.
- Add vegetables and cook until just starting to soften.
- Add meat to pot, raise heat to high, and cook until meat turns opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir well to coat.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add wine and cook until evaporated.
- Add tomato sauce and stock.
- Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until meat is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 2 hours.
- Cook pappardelle in salted boiling water until al dente and then drain.
- Serve with warm sauce and lots of Parmesan cheese