Roasted Beet Salad with Horseradish and Crème Fraîche Recipe
This dish is visually stunning and the flavors are delicious with smoked or roasted fish.
- 2 lbs red beets
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small piece fresh horseradish, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon zest, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Wash the beets well and place them in the center of a large piece of foil.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the beets and place directly on middle rack in oven.
- Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
- Let beets rest in foil for about 20 minutes before removing them. Unwrap and let them cool until they can be handled.
- Peel beets and cut them into 1/4" thick rounds.
- Grate the horseradish on the small holes of a cheese grater to yield 2 Tbsp.
- Combine the crème fraîche, yogurt, horseradish to taste, chives, shallots, dill, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the beets in with the crème fraîche mixture and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before eating.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits