Sautéed Diver Sea Scallops with Oyster Mushrooms and Sweet, Curried Carrot Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups fresh carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely minced
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 1 small apple, peeled and finely minced
- 1 quart young spinach or other greens, washed
- Pinch sea salt
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1+1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- Make or buy 2 cups fresh carrot juice and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add the onion, apple, salt, spices and garlic. Cook slowly, until the flavors come out, about 5 minutes. Add the carrot juice and simmer 5 minutes more. Strain the sauce and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the mushrooms. Lightly brown them, about 3 minutes, shake the pan, season them and cook 2 minutes more. Remove to a warm place.
- In the same pan, put the spinach with its water clinging to its leaves, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook until wilted.
- Remove from the pan and drain, Keep warm.
- In another sauté pan, sear the scallops by heating the olive oil in the pan, seasoning the scallops with salt and pepper and sautéing them on one side at a time until browned.
- Plate the dish by putting 2 tablespoons or so of the curried carrot sauce on a plate. Then place 2 or 3 scallops, some spinach, a mushroom or two, on top of the greens. Serve immediately.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
The Art Institutes system of schools , Sacramento
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
4 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
1 Program(s) Found
Ashworth College , Online
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses