Shrimp Cocktail with Cilantro, Avocado, and Tortilla Chips Recipe
The addition of some unusual ingredients transforms this appetizer from something standard into something new and interesting.
- 1 lb. cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1 head butter lettuce washed, dried, and torn into large pieces
- 1 avocado, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup cucumber, diced small
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 2 splashes hot sauce (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients and adjust seasoning.
- To make cocktail, toss together shrimp and sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Distribute the lettuce among 4 plates and place a mound of the shrimp in the center of each place.
- Garnish the plates with the remaining ingredients arranging them in a visually appealing way.