Shrimp Cocktail with Cilantro, Avocado, and Tortilla Chips Recipe
The addition of some unusual ingredients transforms this appetizer from something standard into something new and interesting.
- 1 lb. cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1 head butter lettuce washed, dried, and torn into large pieces
- 1 avocado, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup cucumber, diced small
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 2 splashes hot sauce (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients and adjust seasoning.
- To make cocktail, toss together shrimp and sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Distribute the lettuce among 4 plates and place a mound of the shrimp in the center of each place.
- Garnish the plates with the remaining ingredients arranging them in a visually appealing way.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Modesto
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits