Spicy Soba Noodle Salad Recipe
This is a flavorful noodle salad that goes well with roasted chicken or fish.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. chili oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lb. soba noodles
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1/2 bunch scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup firm tofu, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6 fresh mint leaves, torn into pieces
- Place garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, tahini, chili oil, vinegar, and lime juice in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Season to taste.
- Add noodles to boiling, salted water and cook, stirring occasionally, until they just begin to soften, about 3 minutes. (Soba noodles can overcook very quickly, so keep a close watch.)
- Have a large bowl of iced water ready.
- Drain the noodles and then plunge in iced water and drain again.
- Combine noodles and sauce, toss well with remaining ingredients and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits