Fresh Spicy Tomato Sauce Recipe
This sauce is delicious over fresh pasta or a piece of grilled fish.
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 4 cups small cherry tomatoes sliced in halves
- 1 Tbs. butter
- salt and pepper
- 8-10 basil leaves
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook briefly, moving the garlic around the pan so that it doesn’t brown.
- Add the chili flakes to the pan and then immediately add the sliced tomatoes.
- Stir the mixture to combine the ingredients and then let simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the juices from the tomatoes begin to release and reduce slightly.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper to taste and then simmer the sauce a few minutes more so that the juices have thickened a bit.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and tear the basil leaves into good sized pieces and add to the sauce.