Thai Beef Salad Recipe
This fragrant and delicious salad is light and refreshing and offers a different burst of flavor with each bite.
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. Asian fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 1 flank steak, about a pound
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped lime zest
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup finely sliced, peeled cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup fresh mango slices
- 1/4 cup fresh torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh torn mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh torn cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender and mix together.
- In a large, plastic zipper bag, combine marinade and steak. Seal bag, pressing out excess air.
- Let steak marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Just before cooking steak, preheat grill or broiler on high.
- Make vinaigrette by combining the first 5 ingredients and then slowly whisking in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to cook steak, discard marinade and grill steak on a hot grill or broil in oven, a few inches away from the heat, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- While steak is resting, toss together salad ingredients and vinaigrette.
- Divide salad among 4 plates and top with slices of steak.
- Garnish salad with chopped peanuts.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Modesto
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits