Vegetable Pancakes with Smoked Salmon and Dill Sour Cream Recipe
These little pancakes are perfect as an appetizer or as a bite sized amuse at the start of a meal.
Dill Sour Cream:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. fine lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup peeled and shredded russet potato
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 yellow onion, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions 1/2 cup finely ground plain bread crumbs 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into appropriate sized pieces to fit on top of the pancakes
- 1/4 cup chopped chives for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dill sour cream and refrigerate while you make the pancakes.
- Combine the potatoes, zucchini, carrots, and onion in a colander and season lightly with salt.
- Allow the colander to drain for 10 minutes over a bowl.
- Squeeze excess moisture from vegetable mixture and place in a clean, large bowl.
- Combine vegetable mixture with the remaining ingredients for the pancakes and let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat half of the canola oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat (a cast iron or non-stick pan also works great for these.)
- Drop one Tbsp. of pancake batter into the pan and cook until the pancake is golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Turn heat down if pan gets too hot.
- Remove pancake from the pan and taste for seasoning.
- Adjust seasoning of the batter as needed and continue cooking the remaining pancakes, in whichever size you desire, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Drain pancakes on paper towels.
- To serve, top each pancake with a dollup of sour cream, a piece of smoked salmon, and garnish with chopped chives.
Browse Culinary Arts Schools & Colleges
Refine School Matches
Results open in new window
Matching School Ads
5 Program(s) Found
International Culinary Center , Campbell
- Hands-on culinary education with focused attention on each student
- An ACCSC School of Excellence with multiple “Best Vocational Cooking School” awards*
- 15,000 graduates, including celebrities like Bobby Flay, David Chang, and Christina Tosi*
- Programs in Culinary Entrepreneurship, Professional Culinary Arts, Professional Pastry Arts, and much more
- Campuses in New York and Silicon Valley with nearby housing available
3 Program(s) Found
Institute of Technology , Clovis
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits